Friday, May 15, 2009
Busted!
I've been away, so just catching up. It is hard for us all. It truly has been educational. I did grocery shop on Monday and I was not very creative. I was able to get organic lettuce but washed the cucumber and tomatoes in a wash. I also bought a can of mandarin oranges to add to a salad I put together for a potluck on monday night. Lucky too, because most of the food there was off limits for me. I did get some watermelon there though and there was left over salad to take back home (I was hoping for that)! I bought smuckers organic PB, a loaf of Arnolds bread (on sale!), 4 chicken thighs, a lb of ground turkey, a bag of peas. I think that was it! I drink only water. Wed we went out of town, I packed 2 pb sandwiches for lunches. I made my husband pay for my meal and ate my leftovers for breakfast thursday. I hope that was not cheating! I did bust my budget thougth last night, I met my sister in Duluth and took her out for coffee (she is one of those living off of less than $25 a week! WE met to do her budget!!) . This weekend I attend a grad party out of town, so there will be free food and I will have to pack PB sandwich for Sunday breakfast! Thanks for this experience. I talked with a mom on food program this am and she is managing to do an organic diet for her ADHD kids. She shops at Cub and somehow receives $600 a month for food. She aims to get her kids of Ritalin through diet. Good for her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.