Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It was a very interesting week. Although I did not get to record my thoughts, I have made several mental notes to share. I took on this challenge along with my college bound daughter.
We both learned alot. I was able to do my shopping and spent a bit over $25 so had to give back the peanuts and romaine lettuce. I of course then craved these all week long. I allowed my daughter $5 for each of her 2 events to attend during the week. We packed our lunches had turkey or cheese sandwiches and alternated with peanut butter banana. We were able to eat apples , celery and carrots to help us feel full. I tried to use only whole grain products to also keep that full feeling. It seems that I ate more carbs then usual and the scale showed this.
I had my usual egg every morning which always help to keep me full. I did have milk, however since my daughter is a big milk drinker , I did not drink any to make sure she had enough.
I also had gotten plenty of cereal and oatmeal and this would certainly carry over to the next week. Variety was missing. I did manage to include some pizza crusts to make and sauce, however it would only include the cheese that was left. My daughter thought this was great for the week end as she was on her own to make this and eat the leftovers of fried rice and tuna salad. It was very apparent that being, planful, resourceful and educating yourself would be important to meet this challenge week after week to maintain your nutritional needs etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.