Friday, May 15, 2009

The three "free" meals I had this week really helped. I will have enough food to get through the week-end. I do miss an ability to snack at leisure although this is probably a good thing! My husband brought home chips from the store that were on sale 2 for 1. I made him put them in his car so I won't be tempted. Instead I at my cucumber and enjoyed the "crunch". Variety is more of a challenge, six chicken meals in one week is a bit much. Today I am having peanut butter toast for lunch, egg salad sandwich for lunch and chicken fried rice and lettuce salad for dinner. I just cheated though, I had a glass of milk and that was not a part of my original grocery budget. It is harder to do this when the food is actually right there. I have noticed a tinge of hunger a lot of the time, perhaps this causes a bit of "irritability". I have eaten more bread this week than in the past month. For the weekend; it will be tuna pasta salad and grilled chicken and potato salad, no more veggies left but what a lot of carbs! I have one apple left, that will be a dessert at some time. Tomorrow I will be working with our church's once per month Harvest House food distribution program. For $15 people can receive near expiration food items that includes produce and bread. It is a great deal and I have a greater appreciation of the value of this program in light of this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.